Saturday, August 19, 2023

 In the fall of 2024, my new book, A DINOSAUR FOR WASHINGTON: THE TRUE STORY OF SUCIASAURUS will be published by Sasquatch Books/Little Bigfoot Books in Seattle. It's been a long but lovely journey bringing this adventures story to life. 

It begins with fossil hunters Jim Goedert and David Starr as they land their seaplane in Fossil Bay on Washington State's Sucia island. They are in search of more common fossils when they find the only dinosaur fossil ever unearthed in the Evergreen State. 

As promised, they turn the important fossil over to the Burke Museum in Seattle, where Dr. Christian Sidor and Dr. Brandon Peecook set out to prepare and identify just what prehistoric creature left the fossil behind. 

It's been such a joy to create a new dinosaur book--my sixth paleontological title. I have loved dinosaurs since I was seven and I never outgrew the passion. 

Thankfully, my good friend Rick Spears is illustrating this new book--a man I trust to do dinosaurs accurately. Plus he's great fun to work with.  

So look for notices soon on the publication dates. And thanks for caring about my blogs, whenever you do.  : ) 

PS  The image is a rough Rick Spears sketch we didn't wind up using in final layouts. But I love it, so I am sharing it with you. 



No comments: